DINA DOUGLASS - ANDRENA PHOTOGRAPHY
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER SERVING LOS ANGELES, ORANGE COUNTY and DESTINATIONS AROUND THE WORLD
One of the Top 10 Wedding Photographers in the World - American Photo Magazine
You could say I grew up in the darkroom because I actually did. After buying my first camera (a Canon AE-1), I spent most of my teens photographing anything that moved, then hand-processing my film and making my own prints. Things have changed a lot since then, and I am no longer surrounded by enlargers nor bathed in red light as I work on images. But I still get excited by each and every moment I capture, and I still love the idea of making each image the best that it can be.
Since starting my photography studio, I've shot weddings in 11 countries and had my images published all over the world. American Photo Magazine included me on its list of Top 10 Wedding Photographers in the World, and I've spoken at photography conferences in Beijing, Moscow, New York, Las Vegas, New Orleans and numerous other cities. I am a three-time judge at the Wedding & Portrait International (WPPI) Annual Print Competition. And I've even been featured on the cover of Popular Photography Magazine.
Still, nothing makes me happier than creating beautiful images that make people happy.
Beyond photography, the things I love include ice cream, English Breakfast tea, finding typos in magazines, my parents, Chef's Table on Netflix, learning about different ways of life and making people feel appreciated.
If you've read this far and you enjoy my work, I truly hope to have the chance to work with you. I also hope that when you drop me a line, you'll tell me about a few things you love, too.
Interviews with Me Have Appeared In:
Rangefinder, Professional Photographer, Popular Photography, PDN (Photo District News), American Photo, Photo World (Istanbul), Asian Photographer (India), Russian Photo Magazine (Russia)
My Work Has Been Published In:
Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Popular Photography, Professional Photographer, Rangefinder, Photo World, American Photo, Bazaar, Marie Claire, Digital Photo Pro, OK Magazine, Life & Style, Bride & Bloom, Ceremony, Inside Weddings, The Knot Weddings, South Asian Bride, Beautiful Weddings (UK), Luxury Weddings & Style, Chicago Social Brides, Caras, Fleur D'Orange (Ukraine), Caras (Brazil), LA Photographer, Shaadi Style, Rivaaj, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Inked, Paste and the Los Angeles Times
My Images Have Been Televised On:
NBC's Entertainment Tonight, ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, WETV's Platinum Weddings, and a Russian television morning show
I've Photographed Destination Weddings In:
- Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Cartagena, Colombia
- Quito, Ecuador
- Udaipur, India
- Jaipur, India
- Bali, Indonesia
- County Clare, Ireland
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Tulum, Mexico
- Marrakech, Morocco
- Belgrade, Serbia
- Istanbul, Turkey
My Photographic Speaking Engagements Have Included:
- Samy's Camera (November 2016) - "Continuous Lighting Techniques for Weddings and Editorial Portraiture"
- The Lighting Summit (September 2016) - "Light Painting for Reception Decor"
- The Lighting Summit (September 2016) - "My Three Favorite Lights"
- The Style Summit (Summer 2016) - "Marketing for Indian Weddings" (Los Angeles)
- The Style Summit (Summer 2016) - "Photographing Indian Weddings" (Los Angeles)
- The Athlone Photography Club (June 2015) - "High-End Wedding Photography (Ireland)
- Photo Plus 2014 - "Breaking Into Wedding Photography" (New York)
- China Wedding Photographers Conference 2013 - "Becoming a Top Wedding Photographer" (Beijing, China)
- WPPI Conference 2013 - “The Art of the Five-Figure Client" (Las Vegas)
- Moscow's Photographer's Day Conference 2012 - "The Business of Weddings" (Moscow, Russia)
- WPPI Conference 2012 - “Make Your Color Pop" (Las Vegas)
- DWF Conference 2012 - “Make Your Color Pop" (New Orleans)
- DWF Conference 2011 - “Avoiding the Color Suck" (San Antonio)
- WIPA Conference 2011 (Wedding Industry Professionals Association) - “Destination Weddings" (San Diego)
- Professional Photographers of Los Angeles County 2011 - “Avoiding the Color Suck" (Los Angeles)
- Professional Photographers of Oregon 2010 - “Getting Good Color" (Portland)
- DWF Conference 2008 - “Edgy Off-Camera Lighting" (Las Vegas)
- Professional Photographers of Fresno 2008 - “High-Impact Wedding Photography"
- DWF Conference 2007 - “Shooting & Pricing Multicultural Weddings" (Las Vegas)
Copyright 2016 by Dina Douglass. All rights reserved. Content actively monitored for copyright infringement.
Photos on this page were taken by Yoshi Morimoto, Christine Marie, Rob Greer, Brian Mullins, Danielle Larsen and Jessica Goldapple.